Sunday 25 August 2013

Banana and chocolate chip mini muffins - baby led weaning treat

I'm lucky enough to still see all the mums and babies from my antenatal classes that we attended prior to my oldest little person, and today I'm having them all round, as one if the mums is due another little person in a few weeks.
When having a gathering of little people and adults in can be difficult to decide what to serve. Obviously my favourite limoncello mini cupcakes are out, and so is anything with chocolate - toddlers and my cream couch don't mix - I learned that one the hard way! 

So I'm making my old favourite mini chocolate and banana muffins. 
Very easy to do, and healthy - as far as cakes go!

Also freezable!

Ingredients
  • 2 ripe bananas mashed
  • 100g chocolate chips
  • 75g caster sugar 
  • 100ml milk
  • 1tsp baking powder
  • 200g Self raising flour 
  • 2 large eggs
  • 100g butter 


Method 

  1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Line 2 x 12 hole mini-muffin tins with small paper cases, or use  silicone tins. Melt the butter in a small pan and leave to cool slightly. Peel and mash the bananas.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the milk, sugar, eggs and melted butter.

  3. Sift in the flour and baking powder and add the banana and chocolate. Using a large metal spoon, fold everything together until combined but don’t over-mix.
  4. Divide the mixture between the muffin cases and bake for 25 minutes until risen and golden. Leave to cool on a wire rack.


No comments:

Post a Comment