Sunday 7 July 2013

Diet!!! Urgh - Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers

Ok so I've decided I need to lose a stone before my holiday to Spain in sept! And so far this week I've lost a few lbs already.
I should have been documenting our healthy dinners every day, but I'm often very tired after chasing my 2 yr old around all day. The 8 month old is utterly no bother compared to a toddler that has now learned the phrase "go away"! And whose favourite dinner yesterday, today she won't even look at! 

So today's dinner was stuffed peppers made in the slow cooker (we don't eat much meat in this house, hubby won't eat red meat as he likes cows and lambs, and I don't like chicken - so we survive on vegetables, pulses and fish!)

Ingredients

  • Chickpeas
  • Currants
  • Feta Cheese
  • Rice
  • 4 red peppers
  • Mint leaves


Method


  • Mix all ingredients together. 
  • Cut off top off the peppers and remove seeds. 
  • Place mixture in peppers. 
  • Place in slow cooker 
  • Add stock to half fill the slow cooker
  • Cook fort least 5 hours until rice is cooked



Very yummy dinner 

I'll keep you posted on my weight loss! 




No comments:

Post a Comment