Monday 29 July 2013

Vegetarian Tacos



I wasn't going to include this, as it's not home cooked food as such, but I thought I'd share an alternative to meat tacos as an easy dinner.

I obviously cheated and used a taco dinner set, the difference is I use quorn. 

The problem in my household is that hubby used to be vegetarian and decided he would eat meat again, but only kosher chicken. Before I met hubby I wasn't vegetarian as such, but hardly ever ate meat, and the meat I did like was red meat, which hubby will not eat! As there is no point making two dinners we eat mostly vegetarian, but I found I missed certain foods, like chilli con carne, spag bol and tacos. I then found quorn and realised I could have my favourite dishes and be healthy.

So here is how we do tacos in my house.....


Ingredients 

  • Taco dinner set 
  • Iceberg lettuce 
  • Grated cheese 
  • Quorn mince
Method 

Cook quorn in a frying pan, I normally add a couple of tbsps of water, and then the seasoning mix. 

In separate bowls place some grated cheese, lettuce and salsa. Guacamole, sliced tomatoes and creme fraiche is great with this too.

No comments:

Post a Comment