Saturday 14 September 2013

Rosh Hashanah Apple & Honey Cake

Prior to Rosh Hashananah, I was perusing many websites for recipe ideas, and came across this: http://theshiksa.com/2013/08/16/honey-apple-cake/ so thought id give it ago. Well it tasted great, but certainly didn't look as great as Tori's, I will try better next year.
Ingredients:
  • 3 eggs
  • 3/4 cup honey
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/4 cup light brown sugar
  • 1 1/4 cup canola oil
  • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 3 cups all purpose baking flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp allspice
  • Dash of ground cloves
  • 4 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored, and shredded
Method

Ok I am not a trained chef, I am a busy working mum of 2 very little children, and although I want to eat proper home cooked food and like to eat well, I don't have all the time in the world. If you want to do this recipe properly, check out the link above. I just throw everything in the electric mixer and then into a cake tin. I did buy a bundt tin especially for this and it did look more interesting than a normal cake tin.

Bake at 190 degrees for 75 mins until skewer comes out clear.

Finished product is a lovely light moist fruity cake



    No comments:

    Post a Comment